This bonus is an excerpt from my novel, Incarnation and cheat sheet below in the notes. The book follows a journalist, an actor, a writer, and a programmer whose dreams and desires play out together on the global stage, again and again. Each time, they find meaning as they spin on life's mysterious wheel of fortune.
Cheat Sheet Excerpt: [SPOILER ALERT!]
Incarnation is, deliberately, a bit of a puzzle. For readers who linger with books until their memory gets fuzzy, or those who read the last page of a book first, or who like having the solution to a crossword puzzle handy, this cheat sheet notes the relationships and pivotal moments of the incarnations in the novel.
Chapter One: Ryoko and Joey
- Joseph Jones is married to Ryoko. Lucy is married to Billy.
- Joseph describes the pivotal moment as a teenager when he met Ryoko. She nicknamed him Joey Coe, which he ultimately uses as his stage name in this, and similar incarnations.
- Krishna is a teenager in India. He describes the pivotal moment involving Kamalita when he must choose whether to defy his father. In the first incarnation described, he honors his father’s wishes, takes over the family business, and stays in India. He marries Kamalita.
- At the age of 65, Krishna meets an odd yogi who tells him that he is is to go to America. He slips on the steps beside the Ganges, and dies.
- In another incarnation, he is outraged at the pivotal moment with Kamalita and becomes estranged from his father. He moves to America, where he studies computer programming.
Book and audio © 2016–2018 Peter Ferko